Sunday, May 11, 2008
Happy Mother's Day
To all the mamas out there, who have spent your youth, money, energy and time on us, A very Big "Thank You"! :)
Went to get my ma's mother's day gift yesterday. It was a search along Orchard Road, from The Centrepoint, to OG, to Takashimaya, to Tangs, to Lucky Plaza... Did I miss out any place? :p It was a long afternoon walk, looking and deciding on what to get for my mama...
Ended up buying a jade bangle from Lucky Plaza. Think the initial price was $240. Store lady said got 20% discount and since we are local, she'll give another further 10%, which will cost me $170. Too far of from my budget of "not more than $100". I told her my budget constraint and she finally quoted me $138, to be paid in cash. I paid and bought it to end my 5-hours search for mother's day gift.
Realised that to buy gift for your loved ones is an especially tough task. It either shows
1. you wanna express your best thoughts and give a best present to the person; or
2. you take your closest person for granted that you didn't know what to get for them. :p
Gave the bangle to mama at the stroke of 12 midnite. Aiya! Bangle too loose. So brought her to Lucky Plaza again today for her to choose and change personally. The store owner let my mama choose freely from all the ranges of jade bangles in the store.
Why do I feel cheated of $? Can just like dat choose from freely - any grades, any sizes. I wonder how much have I been cheated... :(
Don't think le... argh....
WsPinG posted at 9:56 PM