Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Workshop

Have been arrowed by bosses to attend a workshop on "enhancing employability and ensure employment of older workers". Quite a last minute notice. Today need to attend workshop, yesterday 5pm then informed me.

Workshop started at 9am. Was on time and saw that everyone was grouped in various groups. I was seated together with my company's union rep and was the only HR rep from the company.

The beginning of the workshop was quite fruitful, with sharings of best practices from various companies.

The killer came when we break out for discussion. We were supposed to evaluate our company's current practices and work on improving the employability and re-employment of older workers. Being just 1-month old to the company, I only know our organisation has a relative young workforce. How do we deal with older workers? What are the policies and procedures in place? Oh-Oh. Look so silly infront of the union reps and they kept complaining HR shld do this, HR shld do that... Grrr...

The best part came... When it was time to present, the whole team of union reps (all guys) looked at me. Expecting me (the only youngest lady) to present to the audiences. "Gentleman act" lor! Took the mike and went out to blah... Dunno if what I said make sense but the point is, I presented.

My greatest weakness: Lack of confidence and I choose to escape if I can.

PS - Thanks kor for your Hot Chocolate Paradise


WsPinG posted at 11:42 PM


Post a Comment



~~ChatterBox~~