Thursday, August 23, 2007

Feeling Lost

Have been about 1 month since I joined this company.

What have I done so far?

- Did up a new concept on the promotion norm
- Wrote a few drafts on policy revision
- Prepared some presentation slides on policy recommendation
- Published approved policy
- Worked on promotion nomination listing
- Rolled out the new performance management system and kick started the target setting cycle

As I write, I am suppose to feel a greater sense of achievement... But why do I still feel lost?

Out of all the stuff I have done above, 90% of the time, I was unsure of the direction, unsure of my role, unsure of the requirement etc etc. And I hate this feeling.

Sometimes I wonder if I am on the right track. Being an Account fronting HR, I have been so familiar with the operational HR issues that I felt confident handling them. Being new in this area, I suddenly feel lost - like a fresh graduate starting from scratch.

Am feeling kinda discouraged right now... :(


WsPinG posted at 11:52 PM


Post a Comment



~~ChatterBox~~