Stupid **** Bank!
My day was spoilt... Just by this stupid $%#@ bank.
3 years back, I applied for a credit card which requires me to pledge a fixed deposit for 3 years. Benefit is that my annual fees for the next 3 years will be waived.
Recently, I received a bill requesting me to pay for subscription fee for the credit card. I know the 3-year is up. Called to cancel the credit card last week and since it's my rest day today, I decided to close and withdraw my fixed deposit...
Much to my dismay, the counter lady said it's their policy that they need 45 days to process before releasing my deposit.
We don't see the logic. If it's within the 3-years that I want to close the fixed deposit and you tell me you need 45 days, I buy it. But now, you are charging me subcription fees and still you need 45 days to process my fixed deposit?!?
Feeling disgusted, my dad helps to call up the credit card officer. Again, they say the same crap! My dad asked so what if we decides to pay the subscription fee? Will they be able to release the fixed deposit immediately? They said "no" - the 45 days rule still applies. *cursing
After much arguing, the lady requested me to fax in to request for immediate release of the fund, stating my reason. My other credit card would also have to be terminated since it's "linked" to my fixed deposit unless I submit my payslip to support. *cursing
I was fedup! 1. The money belongs to me! I muz still state reason for withdrawing 2. The 3-years is up and I still have to wait another 45 days before they release the fund 3. The current credit card linked to my fixed deposit oso unless I provide them my payslip? 4. Nobody say anything about my current credit card or the 45 days rule to me
Told them that they are not the only bank in town and said I want to cancel ALL my credit cards under them.
My dad feeling fedup also decided to cancel all his credit cards under the same bank... (my idol)