Friday, November 24, 2006
Exercise Bird Flu + Sick...
When I went into office this morning, I was greeted with sight of 2 security guards wearing face mask, sitting outside the side gate's entrance. Their purpose is to take temperature of visitors entering the office premises.
Yes. It was an exercise to prepare us for the bird flu. I have my role too. To answer the hotline. So, on my desk today was 2 telephones. 1 for the hotline (with the loudest ringtone) and 1 for my office normal use. Each time when the hotline rings, I would jump from the loudness. haha... There were quite a few phonecalls, asking weird questions. All I can say is - these people are taking the exercise seriously. haha...
Hearing that some people might call during lunchtime, i have to lunch-in. Lunch was "fried rice with salted fish". Then back to maning the phoneline... A cameraman cameby while I was answering a call... And w/o a chance to turn down the offer, I was video-cam. Argh...
Xiao kui was the "victim" for this exercise who have to report sick and then be dressed in a "spacesuit" and soon the whole department evacuated the office.
By 3plus, I started to feel sick... Went to the loo to puke a few times. And knowing that i can't tolerate until end of the day, I reported sick (really sick) to the boss for the Exercise bird flu... He drove me to the doctor. Really thankful for that.
Was terribly sick after I got home. Fever + cold sweat + running loo...
Trying to get some solid rest and zzz...
WsPinG posted at 7:51 PM