Saturday, September 30, 2006

Bro flew to London with swollen mouth

Brother went for another round of surgery on Thursday (after some stupid hiccups by the doctors) to once again remove an overgrowth in his mouth... The thought of this made me super angry.

The doctors seemed so confident the last time round, saying that the overgrowth was small and not of a challenge to them. And they din't do a good job out of it! And his 2nd round of surgery was scheduled on the day before he is to fly back to London for his new semester.

I feel very bad for not being able to accompany him much on the day of his surgery. So much happened at work and I gotta worked OT to clear up the stuff... I was supposed to return home to join my family for dinner together but end up, they gotta go ahead w/o me. I really feel very sore over this.

I applied for pm leave on Friday, with the intention to accompany my brother before he flies. But, seemed like it was too late. There were some last minute packing of luggage, fear of luggage overload and his swollen mouth condition.

After dinner, we took a cab down to the airport. 3rd & 4th aunts & cousins reh, mih also came to send brother off too. All of us were worried of his mouth's condition and hope he would be fine in London.

Time flies... Somehow, I feel that I din't get to spend much quality time with brother when he returned this time. I haven't been there when he was troubled. I have been such a terrible sister. And for the next 10 months, I'll miss having someone there to listen to my grievances and giving me some sound advice. Really hope bro will cope well for his 3rd year of academic and look forward to his return in 10 months' time!


WsPinG posted at 10:44 AM


Post a Comment



~~ChatterBox~~