Friday, September 01, 2006

90 cents worth of embarassment...

It started to pour early in the morning... Even before I can get out of house to work... With such heavy rain, I brought along a big umbrella that can withstand the srong wind...

Office was super cold... I brought along my "winter power jacket"... *hee*

At work, I started to screen through resumes and do some shortlistings... Colleague continued to briefed me on my section's structure and I have my first assignment to sit in for interviews, starting at 5.30pm. Fearing that I might faint from hunger, I bought a little kaya cake to munch before the interviews start. Luckily for me, the interviews ended at 8pm. The rain has stopped too.

Wearily, I packed up, take my big umbrella and walked my way to the bus stop. Was practically stoning at the bus stop. Finally the bus came. As I opened my bag, I realised I left my ez-link card in the paperbag that contains my "winter power jacket".

Not wanting to U-turn back since the bus is already here, I boarded and asked the bus driver on the bus fare. He said "90 cents." I took out my wallet... Opened the coin compartment... And started digging... all the 5 cents, 10 cents and slowly add up to a painful 90 cents. The worse thing is, the driver did not drive on. He waited for me to dig my 90 cents, with the bus commuters watching on. I feel like an old auntie, with an umbrella hanging on my elbow, digging for coins. After paying the 90 cents, I quickly grab a seat infront and sat w/o looking back. That's embarassing...

When I got back, I chatted with Deed over IM. She laughed her head off and blogged about my "adventure". haha... To think she actually blogged about it before me... I was too tired to blog... I fell deep asleep the minute my head hit the pillow...

[backdated to 31 Aug 06, Thursday]


WsPinG posted at 7:57 PM


Post a Comment



~~ChatterBox~~