Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Happy National Day & Happy 80th Birthday to Godpa!

Happy 41th Birthday, Singapore! We have come a long way ya? This year's national day logo looks pretty good. A little red dot on the world map... and I am glad that I managed to grab hold of a piece of the logo-printed shirt. Just in case you dunno how the logo looks like, here it goes!



I have been pretty patriotic by dressing in red and white today while attending Godpa's 80th Birthday Celebration held at Serangoon Garden's Jumbo Seafood Restaurant. Godpa has come an even longer way ya? Sincerely wishing him longevity and happiness always. There was about 7 tables of guests, with special guests appearance from one of our MPs. ;p The food served was yummilious especially the sharks fin soup. Can't comment much about their speciality chilli crabs as I am allergic to them and thus din't touch the dish. :p Lunch ended with a long happy birthday song in 3 languages (English, Chinese and Cantonese) and a cake cutting session.

After lunch, we scrolled over to godparents' place and had 1 round of mahjong game where I was seen digging into my wallet. It was really digging as I ended up emptying my coins and $10 note and had to borrow $20 from dad to tide myself over. What kinda luck is this?!? Luckily towards the last few games, I manage to earn $20 to return the loan to dad.

It was then dinner (from the lunch left-overs) at godparents' place while watching the national day parade before heading home.

Happy Birthday Godpa & Singapore! Love ya all!


WsPinG posted at 11:34 PM


Post a Comment



~~ChatterBox~~