Today, I woke up early and went to school to join in their national day celebration. It also marks a closure to my childhood dream as it is also the official last day of my service in school as a trainee teacher.
Celebration was fun, with uniform groups students starting off the national day observation ceremony. It was quite cute to watch the little ones marched and I spotted a few of them wearing over-sized uniform. *haha* Brought back some fond memories of my secondary school days when I had to train on my drills during ECA time.
When the celebration ended and as I make my way out of the school gates, I asked myself how i feel...
- Yes. I still like children but I feel kinda out of touch and lost with them after 5-years of dealing with adults. (Wld things be different if I were to join teaching straight after my graduation, when I am still in-touch with the education system? )
- Yes. I still like children but maybe it wld better for me to deal with smaller groups (i.e. tuitions or sort)? A class of 40s, with 80 eyes staring at me is overwhelming...
- I guess teaching needs more than just liking of children.
- I might enjoy being a student to a teacher? I prefer the process of solving questions to explaining the concept although the sense of achievement when the students solved the questions wld be greater.)
- It has been a good experience and maybe a good career-break before I return to my old line?
- And yes. I know there will be no turning back for me and this is the closure of my childhood dream. But at least I have been through it and know how it's like.
- The next important task is to find a suitable job and replenish my drying piggy bank!
- I'll do just fine!
Sounds like a bunch of excuses and reassurance to you? I'll re-consolidate my feeling and be prepared to return to office life and this time, to excel w/o looking back in regrets.
WsPinG posted at 11:48 PM
said
Some sage said, "The journey is more important than the destination," and I tend to agree..... you'll do just fine. Dun stress. Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved. Yeah?
7/8/06 2:59 AM
said
last night, as i was sleeping, i heard a crash - i figured it was my garbage bin toppling over - damn raccoons ransacking my garbage bin again. i went to the living room to check and i was right! i didn't see anything in sight but i could hear sniffing so i knew that raccoon was nearby. then suddenly, i saw him staring at me through my window! "Batman!" I leaned close to his face and snarled at him to frighten him away but he was unfazed. In the end, I ended up banging my window shut and went in search of a squeeze bottle to spray into his face. when i finally managed to find a squeeze bottle, batman was gone! i waited for a bit more then went back to bed as i was getting cold. Grrrr..... I'll get him the next time. I've got the squeeze bottle on standby by the window now. ;>
7/8/06 3:22 AM
WsPinG said
*hee* At least your doubt about the batman has been confirmed and you know how he looks like... Next time, you would be better prepared for him! hiak hiak hiak!
7/8/06 12:10 PM