Friday, May 26, 2006

Driving Lesson 7/ Private Lesson 5

Nothing much today. Drove around Lentor and did directional change. No chance to do vertical parking as there was another car there.

Instructor taught a new method to do directional change on gradual downward slope. Coordination b/w the clutch and brake -
  • When going backwards, release brake for the car to move down on its own and then steer all the way once the papaya tree is aligned with my shoulder. If the car stop, release a bit of clutch to move, then depress brake a little to prevent moving too much.
  • When moving out, depress fully on clutch, and slightly depress brake. Slowly release clutch until a little over the biting point and release brake for the car to move. Clutch cannot release too much... else engine will stall...
Today, engine stalled on main road once coz din't sufficiently depress accelerator . Now I know what they meant by coordination b/w release of clutch and depress of accerelator.

As I am the last student for the day, I get to drive myself home... Hip Hip Hooray! ;p


WsPinG posted at 5:28 PM


Post a Comment



~~ChatterBox~~